With the theme of ALIEN INVASION, racers had some out-of-this-world fun! Twelve teams competed against each other for glory, bragging rights, and prizes. This year, a brand new team to Rocket Race sped past some last year's winners to claim the first place prize of $100, with a time under five hours. Second place was awarded $30, and third place ended up with a bucket of aliens!
At the starting line...
- Sheldon, Leonard, and Penny - 4:54:31
- Semi-Ludicrous Speed - 5:07:21
- Wonderflonium Bouncers - 5:48:49
- Xur and the Kodan Armada - 5:56:45
- Deep Space Niners - 6:02:11 (includes 20 minutes of penalty)
- Redcoats - 6:05:21
- Reaver Rejects - 6:34:04
- The Modal Nodes - 6:40:15 (includes 5 minutes of penalty)
- Womp Rat Stompers - 7:03:42
- Rogue Squadron - 7:41:45
- Area 51 Test Tube Babies - 7:54:47
- Zoinks & the Jinkies (Bearded Dave) - 8:15:56 (includes 5 minutes of penalty)
Congratulations to all the teams, who successfully finished a challenging and fun adventure.
- Clue 1 (first part gets you to a place where you'll find these signs spread around, which will then help you solve the second part)
- Clue 2
- Clue 3
- Clue 4
- Clue 5
- Don S. of Semi-Ludicrous Speed has this picasa album of the race, and many post-race team photos!
- James R. of the Redcoats has this flickr album of the 2008 Rocket Race.
- George N. of Xur and the Kodan Armada has a public facebook album of the race.
- David T. of Xur and the Kodan Armada posted his team's story in the Rocket Race in a log on livejournal.
How do we put these alien pictures in order?
Oh... These Mariana Islands!